Luxury Family Chalet in the French Alps
Chalet Le Moulin in a nutshell
- 3 double bedrooms; 2 bathrooms; sleeps 6-8
- Sunny south facing balcony, spectacular views, perfectly peaceful
- Just 50 mins from Geneva airport
- Located at the heart of Europe’s biggest ski and outdoor sports region
- Traditional solid log chalet with cosy fires, modern granite kitchen & new bathrooms
- Your own individual chalet; rented direct from us the owners
- Perfectly peaceful getaway with garden, meadows and forest
- All inclusive price; cleaning, linen, firewood and fluffy towels
- Hike from the door of the chalet through Alpine meadows, ancient mountain chapels, rock caves and pine forests
- Mountain sides dotted with tiny chalet farms, whose cows ring their bells and help make world renowned mountain cheeses
- A valley packed with outdoor activities in every village; mountain biking, parascending, river rafting and safety roped tree climbing to name a few. All ages and abilities are catered for in what is Europes biggest outdoor sports playground.
- The chalet offers an ideal location to explore this packed region with the Swiss city of Geneva, its lake, the ancient town of Annecy and Chamonix’s glaciers all within an easy reach of about 50 mins drive.
This invitation is not for those who want the hubbub of a ski resort with all its noisy bars and impersonal tourism. Instead, if you prefer a getaway with spectacular views high up on a south facing mountain, plenty of peace, starry nights and cosy log fires, then this is the place for you. Besides its own exceptionally pretty village ski resort with 24 lifts and 60km of ski runs, Chalet Le Moulin is also surrounded by an immense choice of other village ski resorts, all just as easily accessible.
Ski Bus – In ski season, early risers in your party who dont want to wait for the others can take the ski bus up to the main chairlift – it stops near the bottom of our road and the first bus is at 8:30am.
A Traditional Alpine Village
Our village of Mieussy, lies a mile below the chalet and has all the essentials you could need including a village bakery for fresh morning croissants, a gleaming butchers shop, a large village delicatessen for amazing cheeses and finally a quality supermarket is just 5 minutes further away and could show Waitrose a thing or two. In summer its all geraniums filled balconys, and tidy wood stacks.
Besides quality appliances, we like a kitchen full of useful gadgets from a Raclette maker to the Nespresso coffee machine. And we dont like it bare so we keep it stocked with spices, oils and vinegars, tea/coffee and some basic foods for you to borrow. There are also sledges, outdoor table tennis, our favourite board games, Wifi, 2 TVs and 2 DVD players, music and a large library of films and books. There is also a outdoor wood fired hottub and stacks of wood for you to have a go. And a treehouse big enough for the children to hide out in and repel grown ups!